University Foundation Programs (UFP)
The Fastest Route To UK Universities For International Students
University Foundation Programmes (or International Foundation Years) is guaranteed entry to UK universities for international students. UFP programmes are intensive programmes of academic subjects, study skills and English language and will take less than one year to complete. Some foundation programmes are taught on campus (called On Campus Programmes) at the university where you will study your degree or taught at private international schools (Independent Colleges). Independent Colleges do not offer guaranteed progression, but will give the students to apply to a wider range of universities. This is the best option if you have not decided on a particular university and want to keep your options open for as long as possible.
If you are from out side the EU, most high school qualifications are not accepted by UK universities. Because many international students only study up to year 11 or 12. For this reason international students can qualify for entry by studying a University Foundation Programme.
Students can start UFP either in September or January and complete the programme less than one year. Once the students successfully complete their foundation programme, they will be accepted by the universities and will have guaranteed progression to selected degrees starting the following September.
Why International Students Choose This Program?
- Because it is the fastest route to a British university.
- Because once the student successfully completes the programme, it is Guaranteed progression to the universities.
- Students who want to study subjects like Art, Business, Computing, Engineering, Law, Humanities and Social Sciences, this will be the best option for them. Students who would like to study Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary degrees will need to study A Level. There some schools might offer Foundation Programme for this degree programmes.
- Foundation Programme is ideal option for students with an English level below IELTS 6.5.
- It is cheaper than studying alternative programmes.
|Academic||Completion of secondary school in your own country|
|English Level||IELTS 4.5 (4.0+ in all skills).|
|Age||17+ years old|
Note: If you do not meet English requirement, you may study a pre-sessional English course before your foundation course begins.
International students when they apply for a student visa for the UK, they will have to prove that they have the money to pay their tuition and accommodation fees and support tehmselves during their studies. To show this you will be required to submit bank statements (in your name or your sponsor’s name) containing sufficient funds to cover your education. If you are unable to provide this evidence, you will not be able to get your visa to study the programme.
Programmes you can study;
- Accounting and Finance
- Art and Design
- Media and Communications
- and other progremmes